GPISD Place 3, At-Large School Board Trustee
- Currently serves as President of the Board of Trustees for the Grand Prairie Independent School District;
- Since 2017, Board Member of the Grand Prairie Independent School District Board of Trustees;
- Mother of three children, all graduates of South Grand Prairie High School, Grand Prairie, Texas and All are College Graduates;
- Grandmother to 6 beautiful grandchildren;
- Military Family. My late husband, Francisco, served 4 years in the Army and retired from the Navy and the City of Dallas;
- BA (Magna Cum Laude) and MBA from Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, Texas;
- Raised over $300,000 in scholarship funding for Grand Prairie ISD students in past few years;
- President, HACE (Hispanic Association for Culture and Education);
- Board Member Parkland Hospital Advisory Board, Dallas County;
- Inducted into the Grand Prairie, Texas Hall of Fame;
- Chair of Grand Prairie Building Advisory and Appeals Board (2017);
- Chairperson of Grand Prairie, Texas Cinco de Mayo Committee;
- Past Vice President of Grand Prairie Unity Coalition;
- Served on Grand Prairie ISD Bond Committee in 2003, 2007 and 2011;
- Past President of Castleridge Home Owners Association & Board Member of Castleridge Homeowners Association (Westchester);
- Past member of Dallas County Historical Commission;
- Past Member of Grand Prairie Library Board;
- Active Member of St. Michael the Archangel Catholic Church Pastoral Advisory Council;
- Recipient of the Ford Foundation Hispanic Salute.
Hispanic Association for Culture and Education (HACE) helps make Christmas merry for families from Grand Prairie Reporter.
(Watch Gloria discuss the program at around 20 seconds.)
Hispanic Association for Culture and Education (HACE) distributes food and Christmas gifts to Grand Prairie families in need during the holiday season.